Arabi Visual Arts is the home studio for Christopher Ryan. Christopher offers a variety of portrait options both in the studio and at your location or other appropriate location. Thirty minute consultations are offered and highly recommended prior to your session to ensure that client’s get the most out of their investment.
Please review the information on this page and use the contact form below to set up a complimentary consultation.
Keep the following in mind when reviewing the packages below:
- The packages and pricing below are guidelines only. Clients are highly encouraged to attend a complimentary consolation which will be followed up with a written quote via email.
- Clients are expected to be camera ready at the appointed session time. For studio sessions, clients may arrive up to 30 minutes early to prepare wardrobe, hair, makeup, etc.
- Photography sessions involving minors (17 years old and under) require parental approval in writing as well as at least one parent and/or legal guardian to be present during the entire session.
- Wardrobe changes are allowed, but the client should carefully consider the time constraints. The studio is separated from the dressing room & restrooms by a common hallway shared by other artists in the St. Claude Arts Building. All people must be appropriately covered/clothed in the common area.
- Photography by others during a client session is strictly prohibited with the exception of “behind-the-scenes” styled cell phone images which includes the full studio scene (lights, photographer, subject, etc).
- Live-streaming for social media accounts, video recording, and similar activities are not allowed unless specifically discussed in advance and terms agreed upon in writing. The photographer will have full control of placement of any photo/video equipment.
- Editing included with these sessions are for general color corrections, minor & common skin retouches, and image sizing only.
- The client will be provided with jpeg files via online download. These will be suitable for sharing on social media but not for making your own prints. A variety of print options will be available online for a minimum of one year. Full size jpeg files will only be provided to clients who select the DIY printing option. Raw image files will NEVER be provided to anyone for any reason.
- The photographer will cull the images for editing. Optionally, the client may book a follow-up session to review images together.
Portrait Session Packages
Individual portrait sessions are one hour long and include 30 minutes of editing, which generally should yield 5 to 10 images.
Starting at $150
Couple’s and Siblings Portraits
This session is for two people. Any two people are welcome! Married couples, siblings, mother/daughter, lovers, etc. The session is one hour long and includes 30 minutes of editing which generally should yield 5 to 10 images.
Starting at $200
We generally do not offer in-studio sessions for more than two subjects at a time. This may be offered at on-location. Please fill out the inquiry form below to request a quote.
Starting at $300
We offer a special “split” session for athletes. The first half is with standard high quality lighting with the athlete in their uniform and using their own gear related to the sport. For the second half we will change to colored gels to achieve a unique lighting effect. The second half is optional, but is highly recommended for athletes who have worked hard to achieve an amazing physique such as dancers, swimmers, gymnasts, body builders, etc.
Starting at $200
This is a 2 hour session which will provide the model with portfolio images for their portfolio and/or comp cards. There will be one headshot plus your choice of three other looks which could include: formalwear, casual looks, swimsuit, costume, physique, or something of your own choosing. This session also includes the private room for wardrobe changes, makeup artist, hair stylist, and such.
Starting at $400
Wedding photography is NOT offered by Christopher Ryan or Arabi Visual Arts. Feel free to use the inquiry form for recommendations.
Boudoir, Lingerie, and Nudes
Tasteful in-studio shoots emphasizing the human form are our specialty! We welcome people from all genders, ethnic groups, and body types. Our studio will be locked and private for these sessions. Sessions can be booked at your home or other location as well. Prospective clients absolutely must attend a 30 minute consultation session in order to book this service.
Studio sessions start at $150 for one hour
Location sessions start at $200 for the first hour and also includes 20 minutes of setup time.
Options for Portrait Prints
- Order from us online: The standard option is to browse the gallery from your session via SmugMug with the link that will be provided. SmugMug offers a very nice variety of options for printing. Take a look at Christopher’s SmugMug site to get an idea of what will be available for you.
- Local Service (New Orleans): High quality printing and framing by a local specialist is available. The costs will be substantially higher, but the end result will be a treasure to last your entire lifetime!
- DIY (Do it Yourself): We will provide a limited print release and full size jpeg images which will allow the client to print their own images or print through a service of their choice. The print release is strictly limited to personal use, meaning the images will never be transferred to a third party for commercial purposes.
- Session Review – The client can opt for this added service in order to select their own images. In this case the client may chose up to 20 images for basic editing for each one hour review session selected. This must be scheduled at least one day after the photo session.
$50 per one hour session
- Proof Sheets – We will provide proof sheets in PDF format for you to select up to 20 images for further basic editing. Proofs will have the word “PROOF” overlaid on each image and may NOT be shared on social media. We also reserve the right to remove any session images which are clearly unacceptable such as those that are under/over exposed, out of focus, etc.
- Private Room – Enjoy a private space to prepare for your shoot. The space is 6′ X 24′ and will come with one table and chairs. This may be booked for as many hours before, during, or after your shoot as is desired & available. This private room is an excellent opportunity to meet your own makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe assistant, etc.
$30 per hour
- Extra Time – Add an extra hour to any one hour session and receive a 20% discount on the second hour.
- Extra People – Ask about a discount for bringing multiple people at the same time who will each receive any type of individual portrait session.
- Models – Experienced models may be eligible for a free session based on availability if it relates to something in Christopher’s regular body of work. The model must sign a release form and agree that the resulting images will be made available for sale to the general public online, at exhibitions and in the gallery. Use the inquiry form and provide links to your portfolio and social media to apply.
- Mini Sessions – We will occasionally offer seasonally based mini sessions which will be offered on our Facebook Page. Give us a like! These sessions will be 15 to 30 minutes in length and start at only $50.